TRANSFER COURSE GUIDE
The Transfer Course Guide (the Master Course Articulation Matrix) is particularly important to students who do not complete the Louisiana Associate Transfer Degree before entering a university.
If a student transfers from a community college to a university without a Louisiana Transfer Degree, then block transfer of courses is NOT guaranteed. Without the Louisiana Transfer Degree, transfer courses are considered individually.
The Transfer Course Guide will help students know which courses have been designated as transfer equivalents among the colleges and universities. It is not an exhaustive list! If a course is not listed here, check on the university’s transfer website (See: “Schools Participating”) for a campus transfer table, or contact the admissions office or the Transfer Advisor for more information.
Use the Master Course Articulation Matrix (Transfer Course Guide) as you would any spreadsheet:
- common course titles are listed on the left columns,
- colleges and universities are listed along the top row, and
- matching courses are listed at the intersections.
For example, on the Matrix you can see that CACC 2113, Introduction to Financial Accounting, is offered by 24 institutions and that:
- ACCT 205 at BPCC (Bossier Parish Community College) would transfer as ACCT 2001 at LSUA (LSU Alexandria), and
- ACCT 205 at BPCC does not have a matching matrix course at NTCC (Northshore Community College), but the credits would transfer “By Title” as Accounting Credit.
To use the Master Course Articulation Matrix, Click Here.